From:
Michael Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:39:00 -0500
I experienced this weight loss and gain in the beginning too. I think it is
because I had a grain based metabolism where my body was used to getting its
calories from grains and when I switched to Paleo it couldn't utilize the
food (fats) as well as grains so I lost weight. Then my body adjusted and
started to utilize fats better and began to gain weight. I have found that I
have to watch how many calories I eat to control my weight. I have lost over
100 pounds eating a paleo low calorie diet. It is important
for me to avoid grains because when I eat them my appetite is never
satisfied.

Michael