From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:51:27 +0200
Ron Hoggan
>Hi Emiliano,
>Thanks for your most interesting post and questions.
>
>While on a low carb, paleo diet and  your blood sugar is unstable, I
>suspect that your protein intake is higher, while your fat intake is
>down.

Hi everybody.

Ron, looks like you were right.

I've dramatically increased my fat intake and in a weeks time blood sugar
stabilized around 100mg\dl.
This is very good news. It's of great importance to know I can control my
blood sugar, worst thing about diabetes is the feeling everything is out of
control and you're steadily heading over the cliff... It gave me great
confidence to experience that the logic behind paleo actually works.

I'm not actually on ZC, I eat vegetables rich in fibers, milk and cream, and
beer, so I still have to inject some insulin, but I'm down to around 35
Units per day, which is really not much for a person my weight.
To further lower carbohydrates I plan to eliminate beer (I'll switch to
wine) and dairy products. So maybe I will be able to stop insulin altogether
once again.

My weight plateau'd at around 88kg, I'm probably eating too much, but I'm
not fat at all so this is in no way an issue. Noteworthy is I not gain.

My butcher keeps asking me what the hell am I doing with all that fat, he
just can't believe I'm eating it. In Italy the cholesterol myth is still
gospel. Not to mention I get it all for free since suet has no economic
value and he actually has to pay to get rid of it... I suspect he thinks I'm
making candles out of it.

Sidenote: my beatiful dog has enthusiastically embraced paleo diet (ZC for
him) as well. He finally dropped a couple kilos he put on a year ago due to
a cortison cure he had to undergo because of back pains. His teeth are no
longer greenish (don't know how it's called the thing that deposits on
teeth, well, he doesn't have it any longer) and his breath smells of
roses...