Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:59:45 -0800
It’s been a long long while since I’ve posted, as I’ve had to deal with
health issues (not mine but my dear better half’s who doesn’t follow a
paleo diet but tries to stick to the Zone), but I’ve lurked quite a bit
and found much that is interesting and useful and it’s good to know that
many “old timers” like olivia and others are still here.
Wine? Well, I like it but it doesn’t like me, so I feel much better
without it.
Even Paleo can be an individual thing. Some people tolerate raw milk (I
would not drink anything but raw if I did drink milk), some don’t. Some
people will add one item or another that someone else might think is not
paleo. For myself, I will be forever greatful for that night I watched
Ray Audette’s interview (I think it was “48 hours”) on the TV and bought
the book. It has changed my life for the better these last few years
even when I’ve fallen off the wagon from time to time. I follow his
guidelines because they’re simple and I feel better both in mind and
body when I do. I’ve tried to add this or that from time to time, but I
always go back to the basics from the neanderthin book and I am always
“reconverted” because it’s amazing to me how quickly I feel better in
just a matter of days. Far from being a “false idol” I have found his
guidelines to be honest and straightforward and the ones that work best
for me. They might not be the best for someone else though. To each his
or her own. Thank you Ray wherever you are!