From:
"E.D. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 08:56:17 +0000
Folks:

I've been lurking on this list for 6 months,
following the paleo prescripts (more or less),
and still have lost 15 lbs effortlessly, have
enormously improved my energy, and at 56
feel 10 years younger. I try to give up this
approach but can't. Something's working at
a deep level.

I wanted to share something else. I've just
returned from Vancouver, BC and have
found a reprint of "Kablooona: Among the
Inuit" by Gontran de Poncins. He was a
French anthropologist who went nearly to
the North Pole in 1938 and lived 18 months
with the Inuit. His account in Kabloon has been
out of print till now, but is classic for Neanderthin
folks. It gives first hand descriptions of the diet
over an extended range of locals and seasons,
all Arctic, with amazing warmth and humor of
the native Inuit (Eskimo - Cree name for "those
who eat only raw meat -- a perjorative not to
be used any more).

Being Neanderthin-aware, we are all probable
neo-Eskimo.

The book is available through Amazon.com
for about 12.00. An amazing story that will never
be duplicated in the 1990's.

Ed Anderson