From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 16:24:38 -0400
I'm afraid you're labouring under a misapprehension. Modern "hunter-gatherer"
societies are NOT "palaeolithic", they are Neolithic, as indeed is any tribe from
10,000 BC onwards, from a hsitorical point of view. As soon as they adopted
Neolithic-era practices such as eating grains, tubers (or in the case of the
Masai, drinking raw dairy)etc., they no longer can be considered Palaeolithic
even from a purely dietary context, in any way, by definition.

I agree re earlier veg-eating Hominids(though not necessarily tubers) at a very
early period, but from a couple of million years ago, meat became predominant.

Geoff

http://rawpaleoforum.com/index.php

http://www.rawpaleo.com/