Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:14:42 -0400
Date:    Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:05:25 -0500
From:    Clelia <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:
I would like to know if the Omega Coconut Butter, once opened can be kept on
the kitchen counter top.

Yes!  If you put it in the fridge it will be next to impossible to get a spoon in to use
it. Coconut butter is very stable at room temp.  When the weather warms--it turns liquid
like oil.  In colder weather, it turns harder and looks white, not as white as rendered
beef tallow, but close to that (a little softer).  The short and medium chain saturated
fats make it a bit softer than the beef tallow.

We keep it in the cupboard by the stove or on the counter next to other frequently used
items.  Btw, it is excellent for cooking and holds up well to heat.  Use it anywhere you'd
have used butter, margarine, canola oil or other vegetable oils.

Rachel