From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:01:57 -0700
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:17:09 CDT, Justin Hasselman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What advantages am I losing by eating frozen berries as opposed to fresh?
>Of all the berries, what are considered the most healthful - I've heard blue
>berries?

Actually frozen berries are usually more healthy than fresh ones!   These days,
"fresh" fruit often uses techniques that preserve the taste and appearance, but
nevertheless over time it still loses nutrients.   Whereas, recent modern
freezing techniques preserve the nutrients.

A scientific study tested the natural antioxidant capacity of foods (called
"ORAC"), and berries came out on top, with blue berries at the very top, but any
berries being high in antioxidants.

Paleo converts Drs. Eades now have blenderized frozen berries for breakfast
instead of Orange Juice, and call it "Paleo Punch".

--
Cheers,

Ken