From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:53:29 +0000
Adrienne, there are protein powders which at least start with paleo ingredients, which would be better than whey.  I use hemp and pumpkin seed protein powders, almond meal, flax meal, and a new raw powder made from sprouted seeds.  The last does have grains and legumes, but since they are sprouted I consider them vegetables.... Sometimes if I am pushed for time I make shakes, but actually prefer to add eggs and baking powder for muffins or suchlike.

Coconut milk and any of the nut butters (a shaker jar will help dissolve the clumps) also work well in shakes.

What about jerky?

Andrea