From:
Stardust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:07:46 -0400
Kristina,

I was getting UTI quiet often also, here's how I've managed to get mine under control.  The last time I had UTI was over a year ago, I was put on antibiotics for 10 days.  After that I started to take UVA URSI herbal tea daily for 7 days to clean out the system, after that I started to take sodium bicarbonate at first I was taking 12 a day, then I gradually started to cut back and now I take 4 after supper.

For some reason this has kept me from getting reoccuring UTI.  Don't know it might work for you also.

Maddalean

Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Christy,

Thank you for the feedback. I ended up going to the doctor and they found increased white blood cells in my urine. They put me on 3 days of Levaquin - I am not happy about it but the pain got unbearable. Besides the constant burning sensation I started to have pain right above my pubic bone. I don't have any sickleave and sitting at work all day was unbearable.

The only thing I was leary of and which I questioned, is that they didn't check what type of bacteria it is. I know commonly it is e. coli but there are instances when it's something different. Apparently they don't check anymore because Levaquin is very broad and 3 days is the standard treatment. Not that I want to take antibiotics longer than that, I just hope it clears it up. I am also going to take 9 Primal Defense a day while on the meds and probably for some time after that.

Thanks again,
Kristina