From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:52:28 -0700
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:31:36 -0700, David Karas
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> For me, raw meat digests better than
>cooked meat. I can look in the toilet to see the difference. The smell is
>also much better.

This is the sort of nonsense that people use to justify every sort of
diet.   When you are in the hospital, the nurses will thank you that it
smells much better, I suppose.

>I had been on a cooked food diet. During the the two years that I was
>eating cooked, I developed vision problems (difficulty in focusing) which
>went away when I went back on a raw food diet. The medical doctor, Michael
>Klaper, that I spoke to about this said if the blood sugar is higher than
>normal that water is drawn out of the cornea making it harder to focus the
>eye.

Michael Klaper ????

Dr. Michael Klaper, MD : "The human body has absolutely no requirement
for animal flesh."

If there is anyone in direct opposition to the Paleo Diet, surely he is
number one.

( I've found that people who are involved in PC activities like
veganism, feel that it is important to "win" at all costs, without
regard for "trivialities" like truth.   Everything I've read about
Klaper puts him firmly in that category - someone who means well, but
starts with assumptions and then spends his life serving those
assumptions. )

By the way, did he tell you what cooking food has to do with blood
sugar?

Blood sugar levels are regulated by insulin, which should have nothing
to do with cooking or not.

--
Cheers,

Ken