From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:18:16 -0700
Welcome to the public school system!!!!  My kids luckily did not have
endure such prison style schools.  They were able to color, play, and
socialize in Kindergarten. Although two of my kids were incredibly
bored
in K, I was thankful for the schedule they had.   They are now 12, 13
and
17.  I allow them to eat lunch from school 1 day a week, they get to
pick
the day, and lucky for me, the schools here have won awards 3 years in
row for how nutritious their lunches are.  Salad bars, low in sugar
treats such as fresh fruits and honey sweetened puddings. Deli bar
with
meats and cheeses, only whole grain breads, which is still nonpaleo,
and
I have never seen anything fried show up on the menu.  They do serve
carbs, but more on the nutritious side. Other than that, I pack them
lunches, and the other kids always want my kids have. Don't get me
wrong,
the school lunches here still need work, but closer to a lowcarb type
food menu. Getting away from the processed crap.
You know, home school is not such a bad idea.  If you are in a large
enough area, they do have co-op home schools available.  Another thing
think about, I did go to school with my kids, I volunteered in their
class rooms until they all reached junior high age. Not every day mind
you, but several times a week. Not a bad thing if you want to keep up
with your childs studies and moniter who they have working at schools.
Trish