Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:38:55 -0800
Hey Robert.  Can I come over for dinner?  lol.
  yummmmmm

  gale

Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 05:46:32 -0600, Edwina B
wrote:

> ...The interesting thing is I don't really want bread until I smell it
> when someone else has is in front of me. ...Does anyone do as Cordain
> suggests in The Paleo diet and allow themselves one non-paleo diet a
> week?

I'm not as strict paleo as many here, in that I enjoy many foods that
paleo man didn't have access to. Bread is one of them. I don't eat it
every day, but I don't worry about restricting it, either. I just have
some when I want some. It doesn't cause me any problems that I'm aware
of, so I see no need to banish it from my diet. I have done so in the
past, and didn't notice any difference (I did strict paleo for a while,
and later added back the bread).

However, having said all that, I almost never eat processed or
store-bought bread. The bread I eat is made in my kitchen, from fresh
ingredients, including wheat that I grind myself, eggs from my own
free-ranging chickens, honey from a local beekeeper, butter and milk from
a local dairy (one which doesn't use antibiotics or hormones), and sea
salt. No, it's not paleo, but it's still good food. My family doesn't
follow the same diet I do, but at least we all agree on the bread. :-)

--
Robert Kesterson