From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 09:44:09 -0500
> Greetings:

     There are two main areas that I notice a difference.  When I was
not paleo I spent much more on food because I was constantly searching
for something satisfying.  I bought many ingredients, constantly
searched cookbooks and (here is the main point) had "tons" of leftovers
and spoilage.  We could never eat all of an ingredient purchased for a
recipe.  I would get little bugs in the flours and grains.  I was buying
many different kinds of rice and pasta and tomato sauces and cheeses and
grains and on and on.  Ingredients for fat free desserts.  I must have
200 cookbooks on fat free or reduced calorie.  Being insulin resistant I
was constantly feeding a hunger.  Now I pick some kind of meat - luckily
I like the fatty cheaper cuts - and fix it and eat it.  No hunger for
dessert and I am satisfied when I finish.  My husband doesn't like fat
so I stock up on chicken breasts when they are on sale.  The Paleo diet
done in this fashion doesn't cost near as much as the standard diet - if
for no other reason than the lack of waste.  The prep time is minimal
and clean-up is a breeze.  It has made my life much easier and more
satisfying.  I only go to one place in the store - meat.  I can stock up
on sale items and know that they will be used.  I get heart, kidney and
liver for my kitty.  I am at work about 10 hours a day so all of this
has been wonderful.Beverle