From:
"S.B. Feldman, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:24:18 EST
In a message dated 3/11/2001 1:55:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> In the interest of your health and that of your patients, do you think it
> might be worth a try?
>
> What do you have to lose?  I think you and those who depend on you stand to
> gain a lot.

I seriously doubt it for myself-I'll eat raw fish but do am not interested in
raw meats. A matter of choice and habit. As for those '...who depend' on
me..., the patients I care for are, unfortunately, not free to make
significant dietary choices in their lives. There are many improvements that
can be made in the nutrition of the acutely mentally ill that are
hospitalized because they are in need of the highest level of care available,
but these are not forthcoming, especially for those also unfortunate enough
to also be detained or incarcerated.