From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:57:21 +0200
Hi All,

I am still dealing with a host of health problems. After 3 1/2 months of a
daily headache, backache, and calf pain I figured out it was caused by using
Listerine mouthwash every day. Or rather, the sucrose in the Listerine. I
don't just have food intolerances, I am hypersensitive as is evident by the
fact that I am reacting to trace amounts of sucrose in the mouthwash (I
don't swallow the stuff in case you are wondering). The pain I described in
those 3 areas is very common for me when I react to something. My doc in the
US said it's fibromyalgia but I just knew that was't it. Tomorrow I am
getting another food intolerance test to see where things are. On the last
one I had a very strong reaction to aspergillus niger which of course is
everywhere and on everything. I have white spots on my shins which I have
been told is a fungus as well. The chiropractor who indicated it's a fungus
suggested Selson Blue Dandruff Shampoo but I really don't want to rub all
those chemicals into my skin every day. When last tested I still had candida
overgrowth and although I thought that keeping a low carb (and grain/milk
free) diet is supposed to help, I now read that candida feeds on protein and
carbs and cutting out carbs makes no sense. I considered fasting (for the
candida and to give my digestive system a break) but read that if deprived
of food, candida just burries deeper into the body?! I have trouble with
anything sweet including honey or when I eat too much fruit - otherwise I
don't consume sweets like sugar, corn syrup, etc. I was putting a little bit
of goat milk in my organic decaf every 4 days but have now become intolerant
to it. If I take a probiotic in which the bacteria were cultured in dairy, I
react to it although I have been guaranteed by the manufacturers that there
is NO dairy of any kind remaining in the bottled probiotic. My hormonal
imbalance has improved slightly - I had an 18 day cycle with 11 of those
days being really bad PMS (water retention, depression, fatigue, dry skin,
mood swings, anger, etc.). Now I have a 10 day cycle with 5 days of mild PMS
- I still get pretty bad water retention (wear clothes 1 size bigger during
that time) but the other symptoms are either gone or greatly reduced. I am
hoping it will continue to improve.

So I am wondering, what is a girl to do? Would diet consisting of just
protein and fat help? If so, does the protein have to be raw? All I can eat
right now is lamb, ostrich, turkey, and venison - as of the last test that
is. I have not had chicken, beef, or pork in 3 1/2 months so I am hoping
that at least one of those intolerances is gone. There are many types of
fish I can eat but having dealt with heavy metal toxicity and about 2 years
worth of weekly IV chelation, I try not to eat too much of it. Then of
course I keep hearing my body is too acidic due to all the protein and lack
of veggies and I believe that has been discussed here, too. There is so much
conflicting information that I feel like my head is spinning and I don't
know what to believe anymore. All I know is that at this point I am worried
that
 things will never get better and I am doomed to a life of pain, food
intolerances, and general, chronic health problems. Right now I have so many
food intolerances that going out to eat is nearly impossible and certainly
not enjoyable for me. The thought of going on vacation seems stressful due
to this problem.

I do feel better physically if I stick to mostly protein and fat and only
very few veggies or lettuce. But I also read that eating raw veggies after 5
PM is not healthy - is there any truth to that and if so, why?

I don't know what to do and am looking for opinions regarding how/what to
eat or do. Or if you have any encouraging thoughts or words I would love to
hear those, too.

Thanks,
Kristina