From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:11:49 -0500
I noticed that the can of Thai Kitchen coconut milk I bought at Fresh Fields
has guar gum in it. Does anyone know whether guar gum is okay to eat? I
found the following on the net:

Guar Gum: is a white flour-like substance made from a nutritious East Indian
seed. Excellent as a thickener for cold foods like salad dressings, ice
creams and puddings and for hot foods like gravies, sauces, stews, and
soups. . . . 1 T = 6 carbs (6 grams fiber)
Xanthan Gun: is made from a microorganism called Xanthomonas Carmpestris and
is a natural carbohydrate. It is also a substitute for gluten and to give
volume to breads and other gluten-free baked goods. Xanthan Gum can be added
to liquids such as salad dressings, gravies, sauces, and even ice cream to
give them a creamy smooth texture. . . . 1 T = 8 carbs (fiber = 9 grams)

Also, does anyone know why vinegar isn't allowed?
thanks for any info