Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:50:00 -0400
 "C.B." posted this:
>>would the body be better off with a source of sodium from food that doesn't
>>have the others added in? I haven't studied this in depth, so it may be that
at least two of the above wind up a lot together in foods naturally.

My reply:
The form of sodium you get from vegetables and fruits it sodium bicarbonate,
which is very different than sodium chloride.  It is not hard to consume
1000 mg of sodium per day from paleo foods.  Eggs, particularly the whites,
are among the richest sources of sodium in the diet. Sea vegetables would
add additional sodium as well as some potassium.

Cordain's colleagues have done research on the effects of sodium chloride on
the acid/alkaline balance in the body, bone less, and related issues.

Rachel