From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:49:53 -0400
fascinating reading:

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/full/17/9/1133

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=156352

Regarding neurological effects of intermittent fasting: "In addition,
recent studies have shown that rats and mice maintained on an IF regimen
exhibit increased resistance of neurons in their brains to insults
relevant to the pathogenesis of several different human neurological
disorders including epileptic seizures and stroke (6
<http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=156352#B6>, 8
<http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=156352#B8>,
14
<http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=156352#B14>).
We therefore performed an experiment to determine whether LDF [limited
daily feeding, e.g. calorie restriction] and IF diets exert similar
beneficial effects on neurons in the brain."

--Richard