From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:19:03 -0800
Ashley

If Camellia Sinensis is wearing thin then there are other herbs you can
use - mint comes prancing to mind, chrysanthemum flowers, bergamot,
hibiscus flowers, rose hips, wolfberry or lycii  (like red raisins -
soak in warm water drink the juice, eat the fruits - good for the eyes),
and there are probably at least 2 dozen more herbs that are tasty and
healthful as a tea.  There is a great tea that can be made from seeds -
it's called 3-seed tea - with caraway, fennel, and one other I can't
remember at this moment.

Check the tea aisle of any health food store for ideas, then try to get
the fresh herb or fruit to make tea by brewing.  I have mint growing in
my organic garden that I use specifically in teas and for "zing" with
other raw foods.  If you do not have the time to brew your own ( you
need a teabag to make this work) then check the Celestial Seasonings
teas - many are caffeine free, from organic sources.  A few health food
stores also sell bulk herbs some of which can be used for tea.  Keep in
mind that dried herbs may slightly tend to imbalance the body in a way
that fresh herbs don't.

You mentioned in your note something about putting out the fire of
digestion.  This is well known and drinking iced water at a meal is an
insult to the digestion.  However, it is not necessary to drink a hot
drink - room temperature drinks in moderate quantities should not
disturb the digestion.  An Ayurvedically trained friend says that
sipping room temperature water during a meal is "nectar" to the
digestion.  One way I make green tea is by dumping some tea into a mason
jar with water and leaving it so sit in the sun for awhile or just sit
on the counter for 24 hours or so and drinking it at room temperature.

Regards,

-=mark=-