From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:19:52 -0800
Diane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> my goodness, rodent droppings, cigarette ash...
> What's up with that.  Are the employees deliberately
> contaminating the food because they hate people, or
> have they been instructed to do that by management?

I had a friend who worked at KFC (when it was still
Kentucky Fried Chicken) as a cook. He said he'd never
actually eat in one of those joints. Apparently, for
fun, they used to have "chicken fights" when no
customers were present. During these chicken fights
the bird pieces would end up just about anywhere in
the restaurant - on the floor, above the stove, behind
machines and counters, ... wherever. When the chicken
fights were over, the employees would just gather up
the pieces and toss them into the fryers along with
the "fresh" pieces.

I also recall an episode of (20-20, 48 hours, one of
'em), where hidden cameras caught cooks in restaurants
doing nasty things to food, generally for fun or
revenge. Cooks spit or blew their nose in soups,
intentionally dropped steaks on the floor, all kinds
of disgusting behaviours.

Quite frankly, I'm not at all surprised about the hamburger.