From:
Ralph Carabetta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 20:38:17 -0600
Grant Magnuson wrote:

> I was just talking to a person who has an 8 year old son with ADD.

> Problem: he refuses, and has done so his entire life, to eat any kind or
> form of meat.

I think it might be advisable to back off entirely. It may seem like an
interminable amount of time to the parents but I think the kid will
probably come around on his own. At 8, he'll soon be subject to peer
pressure and certainly all those Burger King and McDonalds commercials!
It might not be the greatest meat, but kids are resilient and it just
might help him develop the taste. It'll bring out the carnivore in him.
Certainly, they can make sure he's getting essential nutrients, minerals
etc. without insisting he eat meat. The kid is probably just a bit
stubborn and asserting his individuality...another symptom of relatively
bright ADD kids.