From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:05:23 -0500
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, James Crocker wrote:

> On 12/19/98 11:52:09 you wrote:
>
> >I have experimented with the diet, and learned that I can gain or
> >lose weight on Neanderthin by increasing or decreasing calories,
> >just as on any other diet.
>
> Thanks Todd, this is very interesting.  It is also what one would expect,
> if 'normal' dieting logic is applicable to Neanderthin (I see no reason
> why it wouldn't be).

If I didn't make it clear, I think that weight gain is rather
slower on Neanderthin than on other diets I have tried, in that
the caloric "ceiling" appears to be raised somewhat.  This
appears to be true in general for carb-limited diets, just as
their proponents assert.  The control of insulin really does seem
to slow the weight-gain phenomenon.

I have not ever experienced rapid weight gain after ingesting
small amounts of forbidden fruit.  Substantial amounts of certain
forbidden fruits do cause indigestion, but that is another
matter.

Todd Moody