From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 15:38:37 -0700
At 03:53 PM 3/31/01 -0500, Philip Thrift wrote:
>On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:39:03 EST, Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>The reason paleo people would probably also have eaten meat is that it
>>would
>>have tasted nice to them also. Why do things taste nice? - because your
>body
>>is trying to tell you something. Listen to your body - it knows what's
>>right!
>
>I agree with the first! Wooly rhino meat must have been yummy :-)
>
>But the second can't be true - look at the sugar/starch (drug)
>adicted people out there - and it gives you a hangover (and fat).
>
>I can eat all the meat I want to satisfy my hunger and stay, well,
>ripped. Before paleo when I satisfied my hunger otherwise I was fat(er).

From my own experience, there are certain things that are, as you say,
addictive.  One of the hallmarks of addiction is partaking *way* beyond
what you really would need or even want if you weren't addicted.  When I'm
not eating such things (as I'm not), my sense of taste = what's good for me
is much more accurate.  So, it appears, is my sense of what I want = what I
need.

I recall years ago cutting out sugars, refined stuff, etc., but not the
starches; the addictive nature of my tastes and wants remained.  It wasn't
until I eliminated both that some sense of balance returned, I've noted.

Dianne
noting that humans are indeed odd creatures :)