From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:09:31 -0500
hi, don't know if this is too personal, but I've had some experience with
depression and therapy and one thing I learned is that depression is often
anger that is directed inward rather than outward. That depression might
more accurately be called suppression; you can't suppress the so-called
"negative" feelings without actually suppressing ALL feelings. When I've
felt depressed I find I often come out of it when I realize who I'm really
angry at, and direct the anger (appropriately, of course, or maybe even only
in my mind) at the deserving person rather than turning it inward on myself.