From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:37:28 -0400
To me grilling meat is very paleo. The only tool needed is a long sharp
stick. And today's NY Times has a picture of an archaic human walking 1.2
million years ago and carrying fire*. But supposedly charred meat has a
carcinogen. Here is a page to start:

http://ag.ansc.purdue.edu/meat_quality/grilling.html#CancerRisk

Most of their suggestions to mitigate this carcinogen aren't paleo, e.g.
use lean meat, trim off fat, and remove charred areas.

See three links at bottom of page.

I was thinking of buying a high powered gas grill. So my question is: are
there other paleo people out there grilling their meat?

Don.

* http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/19/science/19HAIR.html?pagewanted=all