From:
Mike Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:12:39 -0400
<I have been lead to believe that all the studies have been on
Pasteurized milk - and no "official" studies on raw milk that I know
of. Also _all _of the reported, milk-related illnesses have been due to
Pasteurized milk. Here in L.A. raw milk proponents did some careful
studying of the record as they went up before the LA (Board of
Supervisors? Governors?) to convince them that offering raw milk for
sale in Los Angeles would be safe. They agreed and now raw milk is
legal to sell here.>>

Mark,
 Careful, there, buddy. When the government says "safe" they mean safe from
pathogens or other harmful bacteria that can be measured according to the
typical disease model. I'm sure the Board of Governors made no attempt to
determine whether or not consumption of raw milk is healthy, advisable or
wise.
 Big difference, IMHO.
 Mike