From:
Rosalie West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:03:33 EST
In fact, no food causes diabetes, not even sugar.  Diabetes is the result of
malfunction of the body's metabolism and its cause is not known.  There are
some speculatoins in the medical community but no generally accepted, proven
facts.  Diabetes results in the body's inability to process blood glucose
which of course comes from food.  I have been a diabetic for over 30 years,
and I learned only in 1998 that, in spite of what individual doctors may
state about diet from time to time, a low carbohydrate diet stabilizes blood
glucose better than anything.  So--down with the carbs--what does that leave?
 Meat and fat, of course.

Well, this is an odd introduction; I'm new to the list and working on
adopting a fully Paleo diet.  Besides type 1 diabetes, I also have rheumatoid
arthritis so I need all the help I can get from my diet.

Rosalie