From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:49:06 -0500
JoAnn,
With that little amount of sodium in your diet, you might actually be
needing a little bit more. Try putting a dash of Maldon sea salt on one food
at one meal daily, keep up the water, and see if the puffiness diminishes.

One thing I learned when I was pregnant is that "good" salt, in moderation,
does NOT cause puffiness (provided your water intake is adequate); in fact,
a salt *deficiency* can actually cause the puffiness that people generally
associate with too much salt. It is important not to have too much sodium,
but it is also important to not have too little.

You might also increase potassium, iodine and other "salty" minerals by
adding a strip of kombu seaweed to broths and soups.