From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:13:53 -0500
> >is it possible for some people to be healthy vegetarians

It fascinates me how so many yogis can be vegetarians in the name of
"ahimsa" (nonviolence), and enjoy good health past age 80... Though it seems
it could be so becuase they are practicing internal cleansing and
purification techniques such as dhauti (stomach cleansing), nauli
(stimulation of internal organs), and basti (colon cleansing). I imagine it
is necessary to cleanse the body in such a manner if you are a vegetarian.
Perhaps this is why SAV (Standard American Vegetarians...people who eat a
SAD minus meat) seem to be in poorer health compared to yogis, who are in
very good health.

Stacie
who is glad that her yoga teacher doesn't even touch the subject...