From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:07:58 -0500
At 04:37 PM 8/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Louise, Rachel, and the List,
>
>I need more raw ideas. So far am doing raw ground meat. Any other easy ideas?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Mary

Hi, Mary, and all,

Have you tried raw tuna? Here in Northern CA, I can get either Tombo tuna
or Ahi. Tombo is quite a lot cheaper than Ahi ($8.99 vs. $11.99 per lb.)
You only need a quarter lb or so.

I can eat it plain, but I sometimes jazz it up with a little wasabi powder,
lemon juice and soy sauce (not totally Paleo but good for a treat)

-OR-

I sometimes make a tartare with ground beef (do get the kind w/w
antibiotics or hormones if possible)

Approximately:

1/4 lb ground beef
some crushed garlic to taste
1 raw egg,
capers if you dare,
A good Celtic  Sea salt
anchovies, if you really dare
diced sweet onions (Vidalia if you can get them) or red onions

Then smoosh it all together - it helps to mix everything but the meat
together and add the meat in small clumps.

You can eat it plain or with romaine lettuce leaves. Roll it up and have a
"burrito"!

Mostly I just eat meat just plain. I don't even need salt anymore.

Jerky is very easy and tasty and portable!

Just take thin sliced meat, salt if you like, and hang it up in your
refigerator, wait a couple of days and there you go!

Happy eating!
Louise