From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:02:10 -0500
You, sir, are correct.  I would have to be pretty darn hungry to try that.
 I eat rare meat, but I have yet to eat any raw, and I have not tried
cracking bones open.

Well, I would not be even slightly surprised to learn that the composition
of our meat animals is wrong, after all, we've done the same things to
their diets that we have done to ours.

I concede that it is possible that our ancestors' prey animals had a lower
concentration of saturated fats in them.  The thing I'm not buying is the
old "fat makes you fat" argument.

Take care,
John Pavao

----------
Obvously, you have never tried... Bone marrow is one of my preferred parts
(raw). It shouldn't be very difficult to break a bone and extract its
marrow,
even with the simplest stone tools.

Moreover, I am not claiming that bone marrow is the only tissue that
contributes
to a low saturated fat intake (in percentage). It seems that the fat
composition
of wild animals is different from the fat composition of domestic animals,
although I don't have numerical data to support this claim, and, until the
article has been published, I have to trust Loren Cordain's post on the
Paleodiet list.