From:
Belinda Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:05:16 -0700
Sure.  Her name is Dr. Vanessa Nicholson.  Her practice is in
Bellevue, WA, and she's actually an anti-aging doc,  I went to her
regarding some hormonal issues I was having.    She did help me to
begin to get to the bottom of the problems I have.  At the time I went
to see her, I was having terrible migraines.  Though, the biggest
problem I face, is essentially "syndrome X".  Call it what you like:
insulin resistance, pre-diabetes, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.
Whatever.  It all comes down to sugar and eating too much of it for
too many years.   But no more.  I'm done.

So far, on my first week of low-carb, I'm doing quite well, and I
believe I will continue!   That said, I do intend to go back to Dr.
Nicholson and discuss my diet.  But I think I'll give it some time
first, so that I've got some perspective from which to discuss it.
She never said she was solidly pro-Cordain or that she espoused one
particular diet over another.  Only that she appreciated his
perspective, and I should consider it.  I think she did agree with his
stance that grains are a bad thing in the diet, though.

And she doesn't strike me as a dogmatic person.  So, I'm sure she'll
be happy to discuss my diet with me when I'm ready.  Mostly, the vibe
I got from her was that I should be an educated patient and understand
the problem and solution rather than rely on any one particular source
of information.  She wanted me to think for myself -- now there's an
idea!  I don't know why more doctors aren't like that.  She also
recommended reading Suzanne Sommers' book Breakthrough and taking up
yoga.  All in all, I think she's a very cool woman.

I'm still working on the yoga part.  I'm not very flexible, but I