From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:28:56 -0400
Ardeith wrote:
> So....now, I'll bite the bullet and cut the nightshade
> family and all dairy.....even yogurt......but I think
> I'll keep the butter a while longer......just to see
> what happens next........and while I'm at it, I'll
> taper off the cortizone drugs so I can tell what's
> really happening.    (and maybe then I can
> drop the twenty pounds I re-gained while on
> the drugs)

I would definitely try cutting out all dairy with the exception of butter,
and all nightshades. It could really make a major difference. In my
experience a little butter doesn't seem to hurt. I also seem to do fine with
potatoes (although I don't eat them very often and then mainly as a cheat
when I am out with the kids and someone orders french fries) but definittely
not with tomatoes, eggplants, peppers and collard greens. For me, it was
unthinkable to do without tomatoes and peppers, which I love, but it has
made such a difference that I don't find it difficult any more

--Richard