From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:33:19 -0500
On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Ben Balzer wrote:

> I've got the reference at home. Also on another line, I correspond with a
> medical salt expert who runs the Slat Skip Program. I've had the details for
> weeks but haven't read them. Too many things to do, not enough time. Search
> the archives for my post on salt - search for Yanomano as it talks about
> their intake (he wrote it).

I know about the Yanomano. but their experience is only relevant
to their situation.  They are not hunter-gatherers, nor is their
diet near the ketogenic end of the spectrum.  Read Phinney's
studies on the ketogenic diet and endurance athletes.

> I'll bet you a $20 giftvoucher from amazon.com that the Salt Skip Program
> will persistently lower your blood pressure by at least 5mm on the diastolic
> or systolic.

I have no wish to lower my blood pressure.  It dropped like a
rock when I reduced carbs and has stayed there ever since.
115/75 at last check (Down from 150/100).

Todd Moody