Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:40:42 -0700
As someone who spent the better part of her life
conforming to what everyone around me was doing, I
must say that the last 7 years of my life have been
the most enjoyable.  I stopped doing what others
thought I should do and did what was best for *me*.  I
don't drink at parties (I don't really go to any
parties anymore), and in fact, at our wedding 3 years
ago, we did not allow alcohol, (we had a hog/beef
roast at a local park instead of a traditional
reception).  *Everyone* said they had a great time,
and we are reminded all the time by people of the fun
they had.
I am bucking the mainstream in what I feed my dogs
also.  There are those who just about have a stroke
when I tell them I feed my dogs raw meaty bones.
Since feeding them a biologically appropriate diet, it
made me question my own eating habits and I found
Paleo.
I will no longer succumb to what is popular, just so
people will feel comfortable.  If they do not like
what I am doing, that is their problem.  I am not
hurting anyone and I do not force my opinions and
views on them and I appreciate when I am given the
same in return.  If what I am doing makes alot of
people uncomfortable, or brands me as a *nutcase*, I
don't care.  I am happier and healthier than I have
ever been before in my life and to me that is the most
important thing there is.
Jane
"Example is not the main thing in influencing others.
It is the only thing."  Albert Schweitzer