From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:05:34 -0500
Lynnet wrote:
 > We have the benefit of worldwide information on the destruction
 > of the ocean ecosystem, but we seem not to be able to stop it.  Why would we
 > think paleo people have so much wisdom as to go hungry or let their children
 > starve in order to preserve healthy stocks of their prey animals?

If there is one religion that is most prevalent on the Paleo group here, it
is that of the "noble savage", the religion that says that "primitive"
people's practices were somehow more pure, better, closer to what was
intended, etc.

I am sure Paleo people were no better or worse at driving various fauna to
extinction.

--Richard