From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:27:46 +0100
One way to handle the question of what vegetabilian food to eat
is to exclude using the naked/stick/stone idea, but this does not
address the "new world" issue. Trying to do that, we need to determine
what is really the "old world"? Is it more than Africa? Is it perhaps
only the african savanna? What is left to eat then? Or is it possible
that there in fact is no exact "home" of Homo. Have our ancestors been
moving around so much that they never fully adapted to more than a
small group of vegetable species, so that most vegetables are in fact
not quite safe, but close to, as long as we vary the diet enough?
Is it better to take some chances with such things as tomatoes and
bananas and eat a varied diet than to have only a few species to
choose from?

- Hans