From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:16:05 -0500
It is a tough one..............but at least we see what is really involved.
The vast majority of people never even think of it...............chicken
just comes frozen or at KFC.  No animal or killing involved.  That is what
is a shame..........when you eat meat and don't even realize what is in the
whole process.
I for one, because I now have farm animals mostly as a hobby, at least
realize what is behind the whole process.  And, although there are weird
feelings about killing one's own animals, the whole process of buying
animals and watching them reproduce and feeding them and making sure their
lives are nice and their needs more than met is a process that I think is
beautiful and very meaningful to me.  Yes, we kill to eat, but we also kill
plants to eat and break their life cycles.  I guess the fact that we kill to
eat means that, as much as we tend to ignore it, we humans are part of the
whole life system as much as every other animal.................whether it
be an insect, a buffalo, a shark, a palm tree.