Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:24:40 -0400
Adrienne Smith posted:
> Any female paleos out there have good experiences with this way of eating
> and its effect on their hormones and/or menopause.

Here is a note from a friend of mine, who has been going through menopause
for several years now.  This is not the first person with whom I have spoken
who has gotten good results with this kind of diet.

As for progesterone cream or progesterone oil, I have read about and watched
a video on the benefits of it.  For some women, it may be very helpful,
provided that what is used is natural (rather than synthetic) progesterone.
Ray Peat sells a pure progesterone oil, which is not the same as wild yam
creams sold in natural foods stores.  You can do a web search for Ray Peat;
he has written a lot of articles on diet, hormones, and coconut butter/oil.

Cheers,
Rachel

-Hi Rachel,
I've read most of "Life Without Bread".  Thank you very much for telling me
about this book.  It makes a lot of sense to me, and my own experiences with
a low carb diet have been very positive and seems to bear out the
information  in this book.  I have reduced my carbs since first reading this
book--at or  below 72 grams per day.  I've noticed that my hair has been
growing faster.
I have absolutely none of the negative symptoms usually associated with
menopause.  I began to have "warm" flashes last summer, but after I quit
eating wheat in July, they ceased.  Then, in August, we took a two week
vacation during which time we often ate potatoes because they were so
available when we ate in restaurants.  After we got home, I again had warm
flashes for less than two weeks; they ceased once I had been back on my low
carb diet.> >