From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:16:21 -0700
>Richard,
>
>Which herbal laxative do you use?
>
>Mary
If one feel the need to take a laxative, takes a natural one.
Cassia fistula is the pod of a leguminous tree growing in the tropics, . It
is powerfull to draw toxins from cells to intestinal evacuation, but because
taken in its naturel form can be regulated thru the sense of taste.
It must be taken 2 hours away from food intake , before the first meal in
the morning, or before going to bed. Drink well before can it can makes one
thirsty and if you drink after it is useless..
We eat inside the long rond pod the black, very sweet ( some say licorice
kind of taste) that stick on both sides of each cellulose discs  separating
the seeds. We susk on thoses discs the pulp till we can discard  the
cellulose membrane left over.
For somebody eating cooked food , one or 2 small discs are enough to get
loose bowel movement , i know somebody eating 20  or 25 disk in one intake
every morning. It is important to eat when it taste good , sometimes it
taste discusting ( don't take it)
It must be very difficult to buy in North america ( it is from africa or
india) maybe ayurvedic doctors could know a source.
It is Cassia FISTULA not to be mistaken with other cassias  used as laxative
that  can't be eaten (too dry)
 I have few pods at home that i could resale ( i have a source for it) if
you want to try it out .
Jean-claude