Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 07:13:52 -0700
Dear Don,

You are getting a good deal on your fresh pork to get it sliced, I do it
laboriously by hand!

However, it is about 1.69 per pound here at the Asian market, but does have
rind and is not sliced.

What do you put on it to make it more palatable? It is pretty tasteless.

I am dying to find some smoked pork, uncured, that has no sugar. The salt I
can live with, but not the sugar. I would prefer low sodium of course if
possible.

What is the history of bacon, was it always cured with sugar? After reading
THE SUGAR BLUES, it seems like sugar has been added by the truck load to
every food stuff, bacon included? In other words, did bacon traditionally
have salt only, is sugar a relatively new additive?

BTW, am reading STONE AGE DIET from Ray and it will convince you yet again
about the paleo diet.

Moira

ps The health food store brand has "spices" added which turned out to be
"gluten" added! Yuck, I got the gluten reaction, then knew, too late, that
it had gluten in it. Darn it!