From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:43:10 +0100
>I am looking for opinions here. (Facts welcome too of course)
>
>I have noticed that virtually every vegetarian I know, whose personal past I
>know a bit about, each of them has been somehow victimized. One woman was
>beaten by her husband for a number of years before she left him, another was
>extremely bullied by a sibling for his entire childhood, another was
>molested by her father, another was raped as a teenager, and I too could be
>put into this category of vegetarians (I was a vegetarian for 6 years, until
>recently.)
>
>I am wondering, if you could take a poll among vegetarians would you find
>that a great many have been victimized, and if you wanted to get all
>Freudian about it, would you find that this has anything to do with their
>decision to be vegetarian?
>
>I mentioned this idea to afforementioned vegetarian number one, and she
>insisted that I was full of crap, then elaborated that her decision to be
>vegetarian was based on the cost of meat. Now I know this person, she thinks
>she doesn't *deserve* expensive things. It's complicated. (I also think that
>gluten and casein are making her a little schizo, and yes I really mean
>that.)
>
>Anybody think this is possible, or better yet, know of any official studies
>on this matter?
>Stacie

No official studies, but I have observed pretty strong character
differences in competitive athletes in several fields. The meat eaters
are
more ready to engage, to consider their opponents, whereas the veggie
types
are involved in personal quests and individual goals, sometimes to the
neglect of the factors which would bring them victories in events.

I have also known two vegetarian women who left long but unsatisfying
marriages and concomitantly bacame meat-eaters..

ginny and Tomo