From:
Elainie Gagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:37:19 EDT
Sara,
I too was vegetarian (actually vegan macrobiotic for 12 years) but abandaned
it 15 years ago due to health issues. Soy also did me in and I too suspect I
am celiac.

When I was pregnant with my third child I was introduced to Nourishing
Traditions and we incorporated those concepts into our diet. After he was born I
started eating a raw animal food diet and continued to eat that way until he was
over 3. I then went back to minimal grains and became pregnant again and ate a
low grain diet. I nursed my daughter eating minimal grains (grain every
couple of months) and she thrived as well. I was still eating starchy vegetables.

I started my 5th pregnancy 100% raw but started getting nauseated so I added
cooked foods back in. Everything was fine until I started feeling calcium
depletion so I added raw goat yogurt.
The minute I lifted my son out of the water (water birth) I noticed he was
mucousy.
This continued as I continued eating raw goat dairy. So now I've stopped and
it has cleared but I'm hoping I don't start to feel depleted ( I use bone
broths and eat greens daily as ).

My 5 children all nursed more than they ate solids. It wasn't until they were
well over the age of 2 that they really took an interest in other foods.
Since my last two were not fed grains until they were much older they prefer
meats/fish/egg/vegtables/fruit over other foods.

It's much more difficult for my older 2 who were brought up the first 3.5
years of their life as macrobiotic vegans. They don't really have a taste for
meat and will not eat eggs. They seem to like game birds though.
Perhaps you need to try a larger variety of meats that she might enjoy?

Elainie