From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:12:12 -0500
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:00:37 -0400, William <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:39:53 -0400, Kristina K. Carlton
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>> What is the premise behind not eating 3 hours before going to bed?

Rosedale is all hung up on optimizing leptin as well insulin. One of the
ways to do this according to him is to go to bed with totally empty
stomach.  He also says it's best to exercise AFTER the last meal of the day
but this is impossible for me.  I know that in Italy (Rome) where I have
several relatives, people stay slim despite eating their last meal of the
day at 9:00 or 10:00 PM or later.  Granted, it is a lighter meal (main meal
is in the afternoon)-- but late night eating sure has made it
tough/impossible for me to lose excess fat now that I'm middle aged.  In my
youth -- I could eat whenever (copious amounts too) I wanted -- usually
very late after lots of vodka fun -- and still stay very slim.  But I've
had to face that what used to work just doesn't anymore -- plain and
simple.  On days where work prevents strict adherence to the 3 hour rule --
I try to do some mild exercise after my last meal ie I live on the 25th
floor so I'll walk down 25 flights and do a brief walk outside.