From:
Diane Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:01:27 -0800
I appreciate the recent posting about animal fat.  It is a dietary requirement, though it cannot be stressed enough the difference between game meat, and modern CAFO animals.

I restrict myself to pastured fowl and the rest game meats, primarily wild caught [non-endangered] fish and grass fed buffalo.  During farmers market months it's a rare treat to enjoy elk or yak, and the hearts especially I consider a delicacy, though to our primal ancestors these meals might have been more usual.  Coconut oil is my best friend, however, since I cannot stand the idea of eating raw animal meat products.

Is it not true that most of the toxins of feed or environment are stored in an animal's fat, and that we have to be rather choosy about the sources of our dietary sources of animal fat, whether cooked or raw?

It seems a lot of primal diet aficionados use meat from a huge variety of modern sources and to me that's questionable.

Another newbie, enjoying the books of Louis Cordain, Robb Wolff, Ray Audette, and all these very interesting postings,
Diane H.