Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:38:07 -0700
zack passman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Organ meat is delicious! I wasn't raised on it, but I am a foodie and am
always interested in trying new things. As an American, I feel like the
culture here is extremely watered down. With the industrialization of food,
taste buds atrophy and people get used to things like white bread and PB&J
etc. I am very interested other cultures of the world. In many other
countries, organ meat is a staple. Pork skin is probably the most delicious thing I have ever eaten.
Beef Heart is amazing. (In Peru, they are called anticuchos and are
skewered chunks of heart. You probably wouldn't know you are even eating
heart)
Bring on the blood sausage.
liver and tripe is packed full of flavor (however strong)

I have yet to but would love to try haggas, sweetbreads, and anything else I
have never eaten that comes from an animal carcass.

Zack

What an excellent post.  I concur with every word.  I grew up eating organ meats.  I loved brains and scrambled eggs for breakfast.  Liver and onions was another favorite and tongue slices with horseradish mustard.  great stuff....  KUDOS....   Oliva

"The human mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
  Oliver W.Holmes