From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 07:25:10 +0000
>Greetings,
>
>I am a breastfeeding mom with a "catch-22" question. I would greatly
>appreciate any ideas/experiences anyone might have to share. In advance,
>thank you.
>
>When reduced-carb paleo-eating, I am relieved of cravings, excessive
>desire for salt, weight gain, energy high's and lows, hypoglycemia, etc.
>etc. I LOVE IT!  I am a happier, healthier person -- and a more attentive
>mom.
>
>However, after two or three weeks I experience what seems to be (?) low
>thyroid: cold all the time, lowered energy & bp... And, if i don't eat *a
>lot* of food, *very often* I get the hypoglycemia back.....

My first thought would be to eat more, more often, and more fatty foods.
Don't try to eat fruit unless you have a bit of protein with it. Keep meat
snacks handy. Eat a few nuts if you tolerate them. Your body is sending you
the right message by telling you to eat; your nutritional needs are high
right now. I'll bet you can't gain weight if you tried, and you needn't be
afraid of gaining if you make good choices.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!