From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:15:21 -0700
Brenda Young wrote:

>OK, I have a few questions.  First of all, how could Maine possibly be further north than Canada, lol.  Just ribbing you, Robert.  But seriously, you guys have been talking about the water fast lately.  I am curious about that.  How long do you do it, and for what reasons??  I have a bit of low blood sugar, which means I usually need to eat every couple of hours, which I haven't been doing lately to the detriment of my health.

Probably your low blood sugar is reactive, meaning when you eat
something that sets it off, like cereal, sweets, etc. it swings way too
far and goes low.  I've had this since my 20s.  Put me off soda and
cereals since then.  So juice fasting is AWFUL, bounces
your blood sugar so low you can't stand it, break down, and eat, usually
everything in sight.

However, your fasting blood sugar is probably stable.  So eating no food
will probably keep it stable for you.  You'll be hungry, but not
shakey.  Hungry I can stand.  For years I fasted every new moon day,
though lazy me not doing it now.

YMMV.  Pay attention to your own body.

Unless your diet has been very clean, water fasting for more than a day
at a time will release enough ugly gunk from your system that you'll
feel pretty rank.  So start with one day, or fast like Ramadan from
sunup to sundown.  At this time of the year, it's a piece of cake
(oops!, wrong metaphor).

Eating every few hours for hypoglycemia only works if you eat the right
things, low glycemic foods. If you're eating fruit every few hours
you're causing yourself more problems than you're curing.  Fruit juice
or soda is the worst.

    Lynnet