From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:33:20 -0500
[log in to unmask] asked:

>I am very interested in finding out if any of the canned fish (tuna,
>salmon, mackerel, sardines.....) available at the supermarket is
>considered to be OK for the paleo diet.; if so which brand are OK to
>eat.

It depends on whether chemicals are added. I don't know about
mackeral. I
believe the salmon is pure. For sardines you have to find the few that
are
packed in olive oil or water. For tuna it is the same. Almost all have
some
chemical added. Starkist has a Naturally Low Sodium Low Fat one that
is
okay. Bumble Bee has one also, but harder to find. There are a couple
in
olive oil. Then most in health food stores are okay.

Don.