From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 17:15:25 -0600
>So I've never learned the strategies necessary to get over cravings.  What
>does everybody else here do to cope?  My cravings get especially bad within
>the two weeks before my period, so women, can you help me out here on how
>you deal with this?  Thanks!

Unfortunately, what works for ME is keeping all trigger foods outta the
house.  But I'm single and don't have to keep other peoples' taste in mind.

As for ol' Aunt Flo, have plenty of what you like but isn't bad for you in
the kitchen (i.e. your favorite veggies and meats).  All it takes during
this period (as it were) is ONE BITE of a forbidden fruit and I'm DONE FOR.
If you don't have a problem with your weight, I guess you could pig out on,
say, lemon-pepper chicken and steamed asparagus with no guilt and no
problems.  If you simply adore chocolate, contact me privately - I have the
recipe for a sugar-free cocoa treat you can make either with butter or a
more proper oil (although butter is sooooo much better).  It's oil/butter,
egg yolks, cocoa and an alternative sweetener - that's it.  Dip strawberries
in it and have a foodgasm!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO